Lusha has established itself as a formidable B2B sales tool, initially gaining recognition as a lead enrichment solution. Since then, it has evolved into a more comprehensive sales intelligence tool, complete with prospecting features, a Chrome extension, and a host of other features.
In this article, we will explore the 10 best alternatives to Lusha.
We’re biased, but we truly believe Clay is the only data provider you should use.
Clay provides the most effective data enrichment strategy at the lowest cost, thanks to our unique waterfalling approach. Unlike Lusha, Clay doesn’t solely rely on its own data to enrich your leads. It integrates with over 50 other providers, enabling you to check across them simultaneously. This approach not only doubles your success rate but also reduces the need for multiple subscriptions.
Why using just one enrichment provider isn’t ideal
Most sales teams rely on just one provider for data enrichment, often resulting in only a small subset of leads being properly enriched. This isn't necessarily the fault of the data provider, as consolidating all data in one place is challenging.
What if there was a way to pay for one platform and search 50 of the best data enrichment providers automatically? That's exactly what Clay does with waterfalling.
What is waterfalling, and how can I use Clay to do it?
Waterfalling is the process of using multiple data sources to fill in your data. For example, if you’re looking for a prospect’s email, Clay might first use Clearbit. If unsuccessful, it will switch to Hunter.io, then RocketReach down the list of providers with email data until it’s successful. To see a complete list of our data providers, go here.
In short — Clay is the only company that offers 50+ data providers, the ability to waterfall multiple data providers simultaneously, and get feedback from users like this.
Exploring Further Details About Clay: Key Insights
- Our best features: Features include AI-driven messaging, real-time scraping, over 10 internal sources for lead list creation, access to a network of over 50 enrichment providers, seamless CRM data synchronization, and the unique waterfalling capability for parallel use of multiple data providers.
- Use cases we’re perfect for: Sales prospecting, lead discovery and enrichment, and managing automated outbound campaigns end-to-end.
- What others say about Clay: Users highly rate Clay, with a stellar 4.9/5 score on Product Hunt. Customers commend its feature-rich platform, efficiency in saving time, and effectiveness in outbound marketing and lead generation activities.
- Flexible Pricing Options: Clay offers various budget-friendly plans: Starter ($149/mo), Explorer ($349/mo), Pro ($800/mo), and Enterprise levels, along with volume discounts. Detailed pricing information is available on the Clay pricing page.
ZoomInfo SalesOS is a B2B sales prospecting software designed to help users identify and reach potential customers, offering data-driven insights, buyer intent tracking, website visitor tracking, conversation intelligence, engagement tools, integrations, and more.
- Use cases: B2B sales prospecting, buyer intent tracking, website visitor tracking, conversation intelligence, and engagement tools.
- Features: Data-driven insights, buyer intent tracking, website visitor tracking, conversation intelligence, engagement tools, integrations, and more.
- Price: Offers a Free Plan, Growth Plan ranging from $50 to $275, and an Enterprise Plan with custom pricing. See the ZoomInfo page for more details.
- Reviews: ZoomInfo SalesOS has an overall rating of 4.4/5 on G2.
Advantages of using ZoomInfo over Lusha
- Comprehensive data collection and integration capabilities: ZoomInfo excels in granular data sourcing, recognized as a leader in sales intelligence for its detailed industry filtering and wide array of CRM and marketing automation platform integrations. This makes it invaluable for sales and marketing teams looking for specific company information or integrating data seamlessly with their existing tools.
- Broad range of features: Offering features like lead builder, data enrichment, and account-level market insights, ZoomInfo supports various sales and marketing operations more comprehensively than platforms with narrower offerings.
- Advanced intent data: With proprietary machine-learning technology, ZoomInfo provides sales leads based on buying signals, enabling targeted outreach to in-market buyers earlier in their journey.
- Greater data volume and accuracy: ZoomInfo boasts a vast database of professional profiles and verified contact information, providing a substantial advantage in lead generation efforts compared to Lusha.
Disadvantages of using ZoomInfo over Lusha
- Focused primarily on B2B: Tailored for B2B businesses, ZoomInfo might not be as effective for companies with a significant B2C focus or those in niche B2C markets.
- Less comprehensive in niche industries: In certain niche industries or regions, ZoomInfo's data coverage may not be as thorough as needed, potentially limiting its utility for businesses in these areas.
- Limited trial period: The free trial offered by ZoomInfo is relatively short, possibly not allowing enough time for users to fully evaluate the platform's effectiveness.
- Privacy and compliance concerns: Potential privacy concerns arise with ZoomInfo, as some individuals may be uncomfortable with their personal information being included in the platform’s database.
Cognism is a premium sales intelligence platform designed to provide users with accurate mobile phone numbers and B2B emails of potential business contacts.
- Use cases: Sales prospecting, marketing, revenue operations, and go-to-market strategies.
- Features: Accurate mobile phone numbers and B2B emails, unrestricted access to data, international coverage, easy platform setup, and integrations with popular CRMs and Sales Engagement tools.
- Price: Tailored pricing packages based on individual needs and workflows, with a flat platform access fee covering data maintenance, set-up, onboarding, and 24/7 live chat support. See the Cognism pricing page for more details.
- Reviews: Cognism has an overall rating of 4.6/5 on G2.
Advantages of using Cognism over Lusha
- Global coverage and data accuracy: Cognism is known for its global coverage, particularly as an industry leader in Europe. It provides phone-verified mobile numbers with a claimed 99% accuracy rate for Diamond Data mobile numbers, ensuring high-quality leads and reliable contact information.
- Manual data verification: Unlike Lusha's community-verified data, Cognism offers phone verification of contacts on demand with its Diamonds-on-Demand® service. This feature guarantees that the data provided is current and accurately verified, reducing the risk of calling outdated numbers.
- Comprehensive compliance: Cognism stands out for its commitment to compliance, being GDPR & CCPA compliant and cross-referencing mobile numbers against global do-not-call lists in the US, UK, and European countries. This ensures that outreach efforts are legally sound and respects the privacy of contacts.
- Richer data sets: Cognism offers a wider variety of data, including mobile numbers, emails, technologies, sales trigger events, and intent data powered by Bombora. This provides a more comprehensive view of prospects and enhances targeting and personalization efforts.
Disadvantages of using Cognism over Lusha
- Pricing transparency: Lusha provides clear pricing information upfront, with plans ranging from free to custom scale plans based on credits per user. In contrast, Cognism follows a different structure with various data license types priced per user, requiring discussions with sales reps for proposals.
- Ease of use: Some users find Cognism occasionally challenging with specific filtering options, particularly the job function filter, indicating areas for improvement in usability.
- Data freshness concerns: Similar to many data providers, Cognism users have reported instances where some contact data was out of date, such as contacts no longer working at the listed company, suggesting room for enhancement in maintaining the currency of data.
- User ratings and reviews: While Cognism has a strong overall rating, Lusha also has a significant number of user reviews with positive feedback on its ease of use and functionality, indicating that some users may prefer Lusha for its simplicity and direct value.
Apollo.io is a sales intelligence software designed to help sales teams find and engage with prospects more effectively.
- Use cases: Sales prospecting, lead generation, and email outreach.
- Features: Extensive database, powerful search and filtering tools, seamless integrations, and an effective engagement suite.
- Price: Apollo.io offers 4 pricing plans, ranging from free to $99 per month, with a free trial available. See the Apollo.io pricing page for more details.
- Reviews: Apollo.io has an overall rating of 4.8/5 on G2.
Advantages of using Apollo over Lusha
- Advanced lead scoring and prioritization: Apollo.io employs AI-driven lead scoring, allowing users to prioritize leads based on their likelihood to convert. This feature helps sales teams focus their efforts on the most promising prospects, potentially increasing conversion rates more effectively than Lusha.
- Comprehensive sales engagement tools: Apollo.io offers a suite of sales engagement tools, including email sequencing, dialer, and task automation, integrated into one platform. These tools enable users to streamline their outreach process, from initial contact to deal closure, providing a more seamless experience compared to Lusha.
- Extensive database and filtering options: With access to millions of contacts and companies, Apollo.io provides detailed filtering options that allow users to pinpoint their ideal customer profiles with greater precision than what may be available on Lusha.
- Robust CRM integrations and API access: Apollo.io boasts strong integrations with popular CRMs and offers API access for custom integrations, facilitating a more efficient data flow between Apollo.io and other sales tools. This level of integration helps sales teams maintain data consistency and access across platforms more effectively than Lusha.
Disadvantages of using Apollo over Lusha
- Complexity for smaller teams or simple use cases: Apollo.io's wide array of features and capabilities might be overwhelming for smaller sales teams or those with straightforward needs, making Lusha a potentially more user-friendly option for those scenarios.
- Higher learning curve due to feature richness: The comprehensive nature of Apollo.io's platform can result in a steeper learning curve for new users compared to Lusha, which may offer a more straightforward, easy-to-navigate interface.
- Potentially higher cost for full feature access: Accessing the full range of features and capabilities within Apollo.io might require a higher-tier subscription plan, which could make Lusha a more cost-effective option for businesses with limited budgets or simpler requirements.
- Overemphasis on B2B sales: Apollo.io is primarily designed for B2B sales teams, which might limit its applicability for businesses that also engage in B2C sales or have a diverse customer base, where Lusha's offerings might be more versatile.
LeadGenius is a precision data platform designed for go-to-market teams, offering unique insights, on-demand data, global coverage, and consolidation.
- Use cases: Custom lead generation, lead enrichment, managed email outreach, and outbound process scaling.
- Features: Personalized, international, and vertical data, account and contact monitoring, competitive intelligence, and purchase intent.
- Price: Quotation-based pricing model, with customized pricing for each customer. See the LeadGenius pricing page for more details.
- Reviews: LeadGenius has an overall rating of 4.3/5 on G2.
Advantages of using LeadGenius over Lusha
- Niche Lead Generation: Specializes in generating custom, niche leads for specific markets.
- Combination of AI and Personal Vetting: Utilizes both AI and personal vetting for higher quality leads.
- Customization and Support: Offers flexible customization and support for tasks outside standard functionalities.
- Integration and Quality of Leads: Leads integrate well with sales processes despite longer nurture cycles.
Disadvantages of using LeadGenius compared to Lusha
- Platform Performance Issues: Experiences slow loading times and minor quirks.
- Segment Management Difficulty: Managing and organizing a large number of segments can be challenging.
- Longer Lead Nurture Cycle: Cold, outbound leads have a longer nurture cycle, affecting lead conversion speed.
- Potential for Complexity: Customization options can introduce complexity for users seeking straightforward solutions.
PhantomBuster is an automation platform designed to streamline data collection and outreach for lead generation.
- Use cases: Lead generation, data collection, outreach automation, and data enrichment.
- Features: Over 100 ready-made automations, integrations with various tools, code-free processes, and automatic data extraction and enrichment.
- Price: Plans include a 14-day free trial, Starter at $69/month (paid annually), Pro at $159/month (paid annually), and Team at $439/month (paid annually). See the PhantomBuster pricing page for more details.
- Reviews: PhantomBuster has an overall rating of 4.2/5 on G2.
Advantages of using PhantomBuster over Lusha
- Automation of repetitive tasks: PhantomBuster excels in automating repetitive tasks across a wide range of websites and platforms, enabling users to save time and increase productivity by automating actions like data scraping, lead generation, and social media interactions.
- Versatile data extraction capabilities: Unlike Lusha, which focuses on contact data collection, PhantomBuster provides users with the ability to extract a wide variety of data types from social networks, websites, and databases, making it a more versatile tool for data-driven tasks.
- Customizable workflows: PhantomBuster offers highly customizable workflows that can be tailored to fit specific business needs, allowing for a greater degree of flexibility in automation and data extraction processes.
- Integration with numerous platforms: It supports integrations with a broader range of platforms and services compared to Lusha, enabling users to automate tasks across various social media, web, and cloud services, enhancing the scope of automation projects.
Disadvantages of using PhantomBuster over Lusha
- Complexity for non-technical users: PhantomBuster's wide range of capabilities and customization options might present a steeper learning curve for non-technical users compared to Lusha, which is more straightforward to use for its core function of lead data collection.
- Less focused on contact data accuracy: While Lusha specializes in providing accurate B2B contact information, PhantomBuster's broader focus might result in less emphasis on the accuracy and verification of contact data specifically.
- Potentially higher costs for extensive use: Given its extensive automation and data extraction capabilities, users with high-volume needs might find PhantomBuster to be more expensive than Lusha for similar levels of contact data extraction.
- Risk of platform limitations or bans: Automating interactions with social networks and other platforms carries the risk of running into usage limitations or being banned for violating terms of service, which is less of a concern with Lusha's compliance-focused approach to data collection.
7. Demandbase One
Demandbase One™ is a go-to-market platform that aligns sales and marketing, providing industry-leading data and tools to inform and accelerate opportunities.
- Use cases: Account-based marketing, sales intelligence, buying intent identification, predictive analytics, and advertising.
- Features: ABM/ABX, sales intelligence, buying intent identification, predictive analytics, advertising, personalization, orchestration, analytics, and B2B data.
- Price: Offers a Free Plan, Growth Plan ranging from $50 to $275, and an Enterprise Plan with custom pricing. See the Demandbase One pricing page for more details.
- Reviews: Demandbase One has an overall rating of 4.3/5 on G2.
Advantages of using Demandbase One over Lusha
- Advanced account-based marketing and sales intelligence: Demandbase One excels in providing an integrated go-to-market platform that aligns sales and marketing efforts, offering industry-leading data and tools. This platform goes beyond traditional account-based marketing (ABM) by incorporating artificial intelligence to accelerate opportunities and enhance the sales and marketing alignment.
- Comprehensive insights on in-market buying groups and accounts: With its robust sales intelligence capabilities, Demandbase One delivers insights where they're most needed, helping account executives and sales development reps (SDRs/BDRs) to be more timely and relevant. The platform ensures best-in-class sales intelligence, engagement insights, and accurate company and contact data.
- Buying intent data and predictive analytics: Demandbase One utilizes over 1 trillion third-party intent signals a month to identify high-intent accounts and buying groups. Its predictive analytics further refine targeting with AI, scoring accounts and buying groups based on fit, intent, and engagement across various channels. This makes finding in-market accounts more efficient.
- Effective B2B advertising: The platform enables highly targeted advertising to accounts and buying groups likely to buy, ensuring that marketing budgets are spent more efficiently and effectively. This targeted approach helps in minimizing wastage on advertising to accounts that won’t convert.
Disadvantages of using Demandbase One over Lusha
- Potentially complex for small businesses: Demandbase One's comprehensive and advanced features, while beneficial for larger enterprises or companies with specific ABM needs, may be more complex and possibly overwhelming for small businesses or those with simpler marketing and sales requirements.
- May require more resources to fully leverage: The extensive capabilities of Demandbase One, including its AI-driven insights and predictive analytics, might require businesses to allocate more resources, both in terms of budget and personnel, to fully leverage the platform’s potential.
- Focused mainly on B2B: Just like ZoomInfo, Demandbase One is primarily designed for B2B businesses, which may limit its applicability for companies that have significant B2C operations or those looking for solutions that cater to both B2B and B2C markets.
- Learning curve and integration efforts: Implementing and maximizing the benefits of Demandbase One's advanced features and integrations might come with a steep learning curve and require significant effort, particularly for teams not previously exposed to similar technologies or platforms.
Clearbit is a data enrichment tool that helps businesses create, complete, and correct their records to convert more leads.
- Use cases: Lead conversion, data enrichment, real-time data updates, and CRM integration.
- Features: 100+ B2B attributes, 250+ data sources, real-time enrichment, and seamless tool integration.
- Price: Offers a Free Plan, Growth Plan ranging from $50 to $275, and an Enterprise Plan with custom pricing. See the Clearbit pricing page for more details.
- Reviews: Clearbit has an overall rating of 4.4/5 on G2.
Advantages of using Clearbit over Lusha
- Advanced prospecting features: Clearbit offers a highly sophisticated approach to prospecting, including an advanced search function that scores significantly well among users. Its ability to identify new leads and provide detailed list quality and upload/download capabilities stands out, making it a robust tool for lead generation and customer targeting.
- Comprehensive sales intelligence and data augmentation: Clearbit excels in sales intelligence, providing extensive data standards features, including company and industry information. Its data augmentation and lead qualification features are notably superior, helping businesses to enrich and qualify leads more effectively.
- Superior integration with Salesforce: Clearbit's integration with Salesforce is highly praised, enabling seamless data flow and enrichment within one of the most widely used CRM platforms. This integration is crucial for businesses looking to maintain clean and up-to-date data directly within their sales processes.
- Email marketing enhancement: Clearbit provides significant value in email marketing by offering features for appending emails to records and utilizing sales email templates. These capabilities allow businesses to create more personalized and effective email campaigns.
Disadvantages of using Clearbit over Lusha
- Contact information and data quality issues: Some users have pointed out that while Clearbit offers a wide range of data, it sometimes falls short in the quality and accuracy of contact information compared to competitors.
- Direct dials availability: Clearbit users have noted limitations in the availability of direct dials, which can be a crucial component for sales teams that rely on phone outreach as part of their sales process.
- Higher pricing plans: Clearbit's pricing can be a bit expensive, especially for small businesses or startups that are budget-conscious. This could make it less accessible for those looking to get the most value out of their sales intelligence tools without a significant investment.
- Data accuracy concerns: Similar to many data providers, Clearbit faces challenges in maintaining the accuracy of its database. Users have expressed concerns over data accuracy, highlighting the need for ongoing updates and verification to ensure the reliability of the information provided.
Lemlist is an AI-driven sales engagement platform tailored for cold outreach and lead generation.
- Use cases: Perfect for sales professionals, marketers, and recruiters who need a robust solution for cold outreach, lead generation, and sales engagement.
- Features: Features include scalable personalization, tool integrations, multichannel prospecting, follow-up capabilities, a B2B lead database, and complimentary tools like an email finder, cold email generator, and ICP generator.
- Pricing: Offers three pricing plans: a 14-day free trial starter plan, a Standard plan at $59 per month, and a Pro plan at $99 per month.
- Reviews: Lemlist is rated 4.3 out of 5 stars on G2.
Advantages of using Lemlist over Lusha
- Email campaign customization and automation: Lemlist excels in offering advanced email campaign tools that allow for high levels of personalization and automation. Users can create unique email sequences that automatically follow up based on recipient actions, something that Lusha, primarily a contact information platform, does not offer.
- Built-in email deliverability features: Lemlist provides tools and insights to improve email deliverability, including email warm-up services and spam test features, helping users ensure their outreach efforts land in the inbox rather than the spam folder.
- Integration with email platforms: While Lusha focuses on providing contact data, Lemlist integrates directly with your email platform, allowing for seamless campaign management without needing to export and import lists between different tools.
- A/B testing for campaigns: Lemlist offers A/B testing capabilities, enabling users to test different versions of their email campaigns to see what works best. This feature is geared towards optimizing email outreach strategies, which is beyond Lusha's primary function of data provision.
Disadvantages of using Lemlist over Lusha
- Limited data sourcing capabilities: Lemlist, being an email outreach platform, does not offer the extensive contact discovery and data enrichment features that Lusha provides, making it necessary to source contact data elsewhere for cold outreach.
- Focused on email campaigns: For businesses looking for a broader set of sales engagement tools beyond email, Lemlist's specialized focus on email campaigns might be too narrow.
- Absence of CRM integration: While Lemlist integrates with email platforms, it may lack direct CRM integrations that allow for the management of leads and deals within a sales pipeline, a feature that data platforms like Lusha often offer through third-party tools.
- No native lead scoring or analysis: Lemlist does not provide lead scoring or in-depth analysis of contact interactions beyond email engagement metrics, which might require additional tools or platforms to fully understand lead quality and intent.
Waalaxy serves as a robust lead generation tool for LinkedIn and email outreach.
- Use cases: It's utilized for LinkedIn lead generation, email outreach, sales and marketing activities, recruiting, and freelancing.
- Features: The tool includes an email finder, LinkedIn prospecting, cold email capabilities, an AI prospect finder (soon to be released), and LinkedIn messaging enhancements.
- Price: Waalaxy offers three pricing editions: Free, Advanced (€40.00/month), and Business (€60.00/month). There's also a free trial available. More information is on the Waalaxy pricing page.
- Reviews: Waalaxy is rated 4.6/5 on G2.
Advantages of using Waalaxy over Lusha
- Automated LinkedIn outreach: Waalaxy is designed with a strong focus on automating LinkedIn outreach campaigns, offering users the ability to send personalized connection requests and follow-up messages at scale, a feature that is not as developed or central in Lusha's offerings.
- Email and LinkedIn sequence campaigns: Waalaxy allows for the creation of combined email and LinkedIn sequence campaigns, enabling a more integrated approach to outreach that Lusha primarily focuses on providing contact information rather than managing outreach sequences.
- Ease of use for LinkedIn-focused campaigns: With its user-friendly interface designed specifically for LinkedIn campaigns, Waalaxy can be easier to navigate for users who are primarily focused on leveraging LinkedIn for lead generation and sales outreach.
- Cost-effective for startups and individuals: Waalaxy tends to offer more budget-friendly plans for startups and individual users who are looking for effective, yet affordable, LinkedIn outreach tools.
Disadvantages of using Waalaxy over Lusha
- Limited focus on contact data accuracy: While Waalaxy excels in outreach automation, it may not match Lusha's core strength in providing accurate, up-to-date contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers for direct outreach beyond LinkedIn.
- Narrower scope of data sources: Lusha provides access to a broader range of data sources for contact information, whereas Waalaxy's functionality is highly focused on LinkedIn, which may limit its utility for users seeking comprehensive data from multiple platforms.
- Less versatile in data integration: Lusha offers integrations with CRM systems and sales platforms for seamless data management and outreach, a feature that is less emphasized in Waalaxy's LinkedIn-centric tools.
- Potential limitations in non-LinkedIn outreach: For businesses that rely heavily on email, phone, or other channels of direct outreach, Waalaxy's LinkedIn-focused tools may not provide the same level of support or capabilities as Lusha's more diversified contact data solutions.