ChatGPT and Complete Prompt: Connect to ChatGPT within Clay
1. Understanding the Differences
◦ 'Converse with ChatGPT' uses the most up-to-date, GPT-4 model, allowing for generation of complex outputs. This should be your go-to for most AI tasks in Clay.
◦ 'Complete Prompt', on the other hand, operates on GPT-3. While it can't handle tasks as complex as 'Converse with ChatGPT', it does offer 'Snippets', a unique feature offering pre-built prompts.
◦ As of the time of writing, if you're seeking to use 'Snippets', you'll need to use 'Complete Prompt' as this feature is yet to be integrated into 'Converse with ChatGPT'.
2. Using 'Converse with ChatGPT'
◦ To use 'Converse with ChatGPT', start by specifying the number of messages you want, for example, three. Each message will have a role and content.
◦ There are three possible roles: 'System', 'User', and 'Assistant'.
▪ 'System': This provides context to the AI, setting the stage for what you want it to achieve. For instance, "You are my assistant helping me research companies."
▪ 'User': This is your input, for instance, "Summarize the input I'm about to give you in eight words or less." You can map your desired input from your data for each row.
▪ 'Assistant': This can be used to give context and guide the AI's outputs. For instance, if you want the AI to pick out major keywords from a company description, you can provide an example input and desired output for the AI to learn from.
3. Optional Steps
◦ You don't have to use all roles in each interaction. For example, you might only need the 'User' role with a simple input, like "Tell me the typical weather for [locality]."
◦ 'Converse with ChatGPT' allows you to add multiple messages and prompts, which is beneficial for tasks that require back-and-forth communication.
4. Choosing Between 'Converse with ChatGPT' and 'Complete Prompt'
◦ As a general rule, opt for 'Converse with ChatGPT' due to its superior quality and use of the more advanced GPT-4 model.
◦ However, if you want to access 'Snippets' for pre-built prompts, use 'Complete Prompt'.
We hope this helps, feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions, and happy prospecting!