Using Clay and ChatGPT to Categorize Companies as B2B or B2C
Using AI and GPT tools such as Clay, you can efficiently categorize companies as B2B (business-to-business) or B2C (business-to-consumer). This process can save you significant time when you need to filter long lists of companies and identify those that align with your target market. This guide provides you with the steps to implement this categorization using Clay's complete prompt and snippets feature.
1. Navigate to the Complete Prompt Feature
◦ Start by going to 'Enrich Data' within the Clay interface. Then select 'AI and GPT' followed by 'Complete Prompt'.
2. Access the Snippets Feature
◦ After clicking on 'Complete Prompt', you'll see a button labeled 'Snippets'. The 'Snippets' are essentially pre-configured helpful prompts or questions that you or others in the Clay community have found useful.
3. Select a Snippet
◦ If you want to determine whether a company is B2B or B2C, choose the corresponding snippet. The prompt will tell you to map a value for a company, which will be used as input for the AI.
4. Provide a Company Description
◦ Go to the 'Enrich Company' section and find the 'Description'. This company description will act as the input value for the AI.
5. Run the Snippet
◦ After mapping the company description, click 'Use Snippet', save your changes, and select 'Run this for all rows'. The AI will then categorize the companies as B2B or B2C, based on their descriptions.
6. Filter Your Companies
◦ Once the companies are categorized, you can easily filter out those that don't match your Ideal Customer Profile (ICP), saving you the time you might have spent researching or reaching out to irrelevant contacts.
AI and GPT tools like Clay provide a powerful, efficient way to categorize your leads into B2B or B2C, saving you time and helping you focus your outreach efforts on the most relevant companies. Using features like 'Complete Prompt' and 'Snippets', you can automate and streamline your company categorization process.