How to Import Data from Your CRM
Step 1: Exporting Contacts as a CSV or Creating a New Table
• If you already have a list of contacts in your CRM, you can export it as a CSV file.
• Alternatively, within Clay, click on "Create New Table" and choose the option to start from a blank table.
Step 2: Importing Data from a CSV File
• Within your new table, click on "Import Data" to initiate the import process.
• Select the integration that corresponds to the CRM system you used to export the contacts.
• Choose the desired integration, such as HubSpot, Salesforce, or Pipedrive.
• Provide the necessary API key or login credentials to connect to the CRM system.
Step 3: Configuring Import Settings
• Set the maximum number of records you want to import from your CRM system.
• Follow the instructions specific to the chosen CRM integration to ensure a successful import.
• For example, if using HubSpot, you can further refine the import by adding keyword searches to import contacts from specific companies.
Step 4: Importing Contacts Using Webhooks
• If your CRM system is not currently supported by Clay's existing integrations, you can still import contacts using webhooks.
• Refer to the linked video in this section for a detailed guide on utilizing Webhooks for continuous contact imports.
Congratulations! You have successfully imported contacts into Clay from your CRM system using various methods. By following the step-by-step instructions in this guide, you can seamlessly import contacts from a CSV file, leverage existing integrations with platforms like HubSpot or Salesforce, or utilize webhooks for unsupported CRM systems. Enhance your contact management and prospecting efforts with Clay's versatile import capabilities.