Using the Clay Scraper to Turn Websites into Lists
Welcome to this step-by-step guide on using Clay Scraper to source contacts. In this tutorial, we will show you how to utilize the Clay Scraper tool to extract contact information from a website listing top AI machine learning companies. Follow the instructions below while watching the accompanying video for a visual demonstration.
Step 1: Accessing Clay Scraper
• If you don't already have a list of contacts, Clay Scraper allows you to easily source contacts from websites.
• Download and install the Click for Chrome extension to enable the scraping functionality.
Step 2: Identifying a Website with Target Companies
• Look for a website that provides a comprehensive list of AI machine learning companies.
• Once you find a suitable website, open it in your Chrome browser.
Step 3: Auto-Populating Data with Clay Scraper
• Click on the Clay Scraper extension in your browser's toolbar.
• As you click on the extension, the data on the website will begin to auto-populate within the Clay Scraper tool.
• It will extract information such as links, logos, and other mapped details from the website.
Step 4: Scrolling and Expanding the List
• If you want to source more contacts, continue scrolling down the website.
• Click on the "Show More" button whenever available.
• As you scroll and load more content, Clay Scraper will automatically extract the additional items and add them to the list.
Step 5: Adding the List to Workspace
• Once you have a satisfactory list of companies, you can proceed to add them to your Clay Workspace.
• Click on the "Add to Workspace" button in Clay Scraper.
• A new table will be automatically created, with the columns appropriately mapped based on the extracted data.
Step 6: Running Additional Enrichments
• Now that you have the contact list in your Clay Workspace, you can perform further enrichments on the extracted data.
• Utilize the various enrichments available in Clay to gather additional information about the contacts you have sourced.