Using the AI Formula Generator in Clay for Conditional Formatting, Data Formatting, and Data Cleaning
The AI Formula Generator in Clay is a versatile tool that can be used for conditional formatting, data formatting, and data cleaning. In this step-by-step guide, we will go over how you can effectively leverage this feature to manage and refine your data.
1. Creating Conditional Formulas
◦ Suppose you have a list of companies with various attributes like the date they were founded, company size, and location.
◦ You might want to run a column only if certain conditions are met, such as the founded date being after 2014 and the company size being more than 50.
◦ In Clay, go to the settings of the column you want to run conditionally and select 'Run settings'. Click on the 'AI' button to access the Formula Generator.
◦ Specify your condition. For instance, you can type, "Only run this column if the founded date is after 2014 AND company size is greater than 50." The Formula Generator will automatically create a suitable formula.
◦ Save your changes. The column will now only run if the specified conditions are met.
2. Formatting Data
◦ The Formula Generator can be used to format data. For example, you might want to clean up the locality of a company, extracting only the city instead of city, state, and country.
◦ Create a new formula column and use the Formula Generator to specify your requirement, like "pull out just the city from locality."
◦ Save the formula, and you will see that the column now shows only the city.
3. Cleaning Data
◦ The Formula Generator can be used to convert data types, which is useful when you need to filter data.
◦ For example, if your company size data is currently stored as text, you can create a formula to change it to a number.
◦ Once the data type is changed, you can apply filters like "company size is greater than 50."
4. Using the Checkbox Filter
◦ Create a new formula column and set it as a checkbox.
◦ Specify a condition, like "check this box if the company size is greater than 20 and the founded date is after 2014."
◦ This will automatically check the box for companies that meet these criteria.
◦ You can now easily sort and filter your data using this checkbox column.
The AI Formula Generator in Clay has numerous potential use cases, and these are just a few examples. Experiment with this feature to see how it can enhance your data management capabilities.