How to Scrape LinkedIn Posts with Clay
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on how to use Clay's latest feature – extracting insights from LinkedIn posts from individual or company profiles and summarizing them using OpenAI. This guide will take you through each step, ensuring you utilize this powerful tool effectively.
Step 1: Introduction to Clay's New Feature
Clay's newest feature allows you to sift through the latest posts from a LinkedIn profile, filter by keywords, and even summarize these posts using OpenAI. The tool is incredibly useful for social selling, creating email copy, and more. Note, it's essential to use this responsibly and avoid spamming.
Step 2: Setting Up the Integration
Here's how to access the feature:
1. Navigate to Enriched Data: Within Clay, click on the 'Enriched Data' tab.
2. Select LinkedIn: Find and select the LinkedIn option.
3. Choose Feature: Select 'Find most recent posts for a user.'
4. Enter LinkedIn Profile: Input the LinkedIn profile URL of the individual or company of interest.
5. Set Filters (Optional): You can filter the results by specific keywords or post dates, depending on your needs.
6. Save Changes and Run: Once you've set your preferences, save your changes and allow the tool to run.
Step 3: Analyzing the Results
After running, you'll see results populate, revealing the most recent LinkedIn posts from the profile you specified. Each post's output will include the post's text, date, time, and relevant statistics such as comment and reaction counts. The results are also available for company profiles.
Step 4: Keyword Filtering
The feature allows you to highlight any posts containing a keyword you're interested in. If you want to identify posts about a specific topic, input your keyword, rerun the tool, and it will present posts mentioning that keyword.
Step 5: Summarizing Posts
You can use Clay's OpenAI integration to summarize the LinkedIn posts. To do this:
1. Select the OpenAI Prompt: Within Clay, select the OpenAI prompt option.
2. Input Parameters: Specify the input as the text of a LinkedIn post. Request the tool to summarize the LinkedIn post using keywords mentioned in the post, and keep the output under a specific word limit.
3. Run the Summary Tool: Once your parameters are set, save the changes and allow the tool to run.
4. Review Summaries: After running, you'll see a summarized version of each post. You can map this output onto your table for easier access and review.
Step 6: Utilizing Summaries
The summarized data can be used in various ways, such as tailoring your social selling strategies, preparing personalized email copy, or simply keeping tabs on topics of interest within your network or industry.
Clay's new feature, combined with the power of OpenAI, simplifies your LinkedIn interactions, making it easy to gain quick insights from numerous posts. Explore this feature in your Clay account and elevate your prospecting and social selling game.