If you want to find the tech stack of a company, you can enrich the company with its domain using Clay's Find Tech Stack by Domain integration. Input the website domain and select specific technology names and categories to identify the technologies used by the company.
A manual guide to enriching a company
To enrich a company's data manually, you'll need to follow a time-consuming, multi-step process that requires significant effort and resources.
- Identify your data needs: Determine the specific data you want to collect about the Company.
- Research sources: Find reliable sources, such as company websites, social media profiles, and industry reports, to gather the required information.
- Manual data extraction: Spend countless hours manually extracting the data from these sources, which can be tedious and prone to errors.
- Organize and analyze: Compile the collected data into a usable format, and analyze it to gain insights and make informed decisions.
This manual process can take up a significant amount of time, potentially wasting valuable resources that could be better spent on other tasks.
A step-by-step guide to enriching a company with Clay
To enrich company data with technology information, follow this step-by-step guide using Clay.
- Open your Clay project and locate the column with company websites.
- Insert the website column into the domain column.
- Select desired technology names and categories (optional).
- Choose the date the technology was last detected (optional).
- Run the integration to see the technologies used by each company.
With these steps, you can easily gather valuable technology information for prospecting and company analysis using Clay.
Clay vs. PhantomBuster
PhantomBuster is an alternative to Clay, offering Phantoms, Flows, and Integrations for lead generation, data and email enrichment, LinkedIn outreach, and automation. Here are the main differences:
- Data sources: Clay harnesses 50+ data providers, while PhantomBuster's offering is limited to their Phantoms and Integrations.
- AI-powered emails: Clay uses AI to write personalized emails that land in inboxes, a feature not mentioned in PhantomBuster's enrichment offerings.
- One-stop solution: Clay is described as the "1 sales tool to rule them all," providing a more comprehensive and streamlined solution compared to PhantomBuster's multiple tools and workflows.
Clay vs. Captain Data
While Captain Data is an alternative to Clay, offering automation workflows for sales and marketing teams, there are some key differences:
- Multiple data sources: Clay combines 50+ data providers, while Captain Data's integrations are limited to a few applications and services.
- AI-powered personalization: Clay uses AI to write personalized emails, whereas Captain Data focuses on automation workflows.
- Real-time scraping: Clay offers real-time data scraping, providing more up-to-date information compared to Captain Data's pre-made workflows.
Use cases for a company’s tech stack data
After enriching company data using the Find Tech Stack by Domain integration, you can leverage this information to perform various tasks. Some example use cases include creating a prospect list that matches your Ideal Customer Profile (ICP), automating trigger-based outreach, and personalizing email sequences for SaaS companies.
Some use cases for scraping enriched data include:
- Prospect list creation: Generate a list of companies that match your ICP based on their tech stack.
- Automated outreach: Trigger personalized email campaigns when a company starts using a specific technology.
- Email personalization: Tailor email sequences for SaaS companies by referencing their tech stack.
- Lead scoring: Prioritize leads based on their technology usage and other criteria.
- Nutrition app pitching: Target blog writers in the health and wellness space by analyzing their company's tech stack.
For more information and examples, visit the Find Tech Stack by Domain Integrations Page.
How to enrich other data sources using Clay
Clay offers a variety of integrations for enriching your prospecting list. Here are some notable options for data enrichment:
- Technographics: Gain insights into a company's technology stack and usage.
- Industry Classification: Identify a company's industry for targeted outreach.
- Revenue: Estimate a company's revenue to gauge their size and potential.
- Employee Count: Determine the number of employees at a company for better prospecting.
- Location Data: Access information on a company's location for geo-targeting.
Explore more integrations on the Clay Integrations page.
Other integrations supported by Clay
Clay supports a wide range of integrations to help users build better lead lists and write personalized emails. Here are three integrations that Clay supports:
- Airtable: Clay integrates with Airtable, a flexible and powerful spreadsheet-database hybrid platform, allowing users to manage and organize their lead data efficiently.
- Clearbit: With Clearbit integration, users can enrich their lead data with valuable information such as company size, industry, and location, helping them target the right prospects.
- Google: Clay's integration with Google enables users to access various Google services like Google Sheets, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console, providing valuable insights and data management capabilities.
Clay simplifies prospecting and data gathering tasks by offering a wide range of integrations, such as Airtable, Clearbit, and Google. These integrations, along with Clay's other features, save time and effort, making it an essential tool for sales professionals looking to book more meetings and close deals.