If you want to scrape headcount and other company data from LinkedIn, Clay's Enrich Company with LinkedIn integration allows you to retrieve information such as company size, location, description, employee count, followers count, and founded date. This feature may be slow, especially if data hasn't been refreshed in over 45 days.
A manual guide to scraping Headcount
To scrape Headcount manually, follow this step-by-step guide that highlights the time-consuming and unappealing nature of this process.
- Identify the target websites or platforms containing Headcount information.
- Manually visit each website and locate the relevant data.
- Copy and paste the data into a spreadsheet or database.
- Repeat this process for each website, potentially spending hours on end.
Manual Headcount scraping requires significant time investment and access to multiple data sources, making it an inefficient method.
A step-by-step guide to scraping Headcount with Clay
To scrape Headcount using Clay's Rich Company Enrichment, follow these simple steps:
- Start with the company's LinkedIn URL or website.
- Save and run the enrichment process.
- Access the enriched LinkedIn profile data.
- Extract the company size (Headcount) and other desired information.
- Use the keyword search function to find specific details within the company description.
With these easy steps, you can efficiently obtain Headcount and other valuable company information using Clay's Rich Company Enrichment.
Clay vs. PhantomBuster for scraping Headcount
PhantomBuster is a platform that offers various solutions for lead generation, data enrichment, and LinkedIn outreach. There are some key differences that separates the two:
- Headcount Growth: Clay's LinkedIn integrations include a feature to get headcount growth at a company, while PhantomBuster does not mention this capability.
- Integration Variety: Clay boasts 100+ built-in integrations for prospecting lists, whereas PhantomBuster's LinkedIn offerings are more limited.
- AI-Powered Emails: Clay uses AI to write personalized emails that land in inboxes, a feature not mentioned in PhantomBuster's offerings.
Clay vs. Captain Data for scraping Headcount
While Captain Data is an alternative to Clay, offering various LinkedIn integrations and automation. Here's a quick comparison:
- Headcount Growth: Clay's LinkedIn integrations include a feature to get headcount growth at a company, while Captain Data's LinkedIn offerings do not mention this capability.
- Enriching Person Data: Clay can enrich person data from LinkedIn profiles, while Captain Data focuses on finding companies, people, and recruiting companies.
- Number of Integrations: Clay boasts 100+ built-in integrations for prospecting, while Captain Data offers a variety of integrations and automations, but not as extensive as Clay's offerings.
Use cases for scraping Headcount
Some use cases for scraping Headcount include leveraging this valuable information to make informed decisions and create targeted campaigns. The Clay Integrations page provides resources, tutorials, and templates to help you make the most of the Get Headcount at Company feature.
Once you've scraped the Headcount data, you can:
- Targeted outreach: Use the headcount to segment your leads and tailor your messaging for companies of different sizes.
- Competitive analysis: Compare the headcount of companies in your industry to identify trends and potential competitors.
- Market research: Analyze headcount data to identify growing industries and potential opportunities for your business.
- Personalized campaigns: Create 1-1 personalized campaigns based on company size to increase engagement and conversion rates.
- Resource allocation: Use headcount data to prioritize your sales and marketing efforts on companies with the highest potential for growth.
For more information and resources on using the Get Headcount at Company feature, visit the Clay Integrations page.
Stats on scraping Headcount
The Headcount integration has been successfully executed 243,000 times.
How to scrape other data sources from LinkedIn using Clay
Clay offers a variety of integrations specifically designed for LinkedIn, allowing users to enrich their prospecting and lead generation efforts. Here are some of the key LinkedIn-focused integrations available:
- Find Mobile Number and Social URLs: Use a social URL or personal email as input to find mobile numbers and social URLs. Mobile number coverage is around 20%.
- Enrich Person from LinkedIn Profile: Enrich a person's data using their LinkedIn URL or LinkedIn User ID. Data not refreshed in more than 45 days will be pulled live from LinkedIn.
- Find Work Email: Use a LinkedIn URL or Company Name and Full Name to find someone's work email and other contact data.
- Lookup Technology Stack: BuiltWith checks the source code of a website to find the technologies installed on it.
- Find Connections: Find the most recent business connections for a company using the company domain, returning the 30 newest connections and the total number of connections overall.
For more information on these integrations, visit the Clay Integrations page.
Other integrations supported by Clay
Clay supports a wide range of integrations to help users build better lead lists and write personalized emails. Here are three integrations that Clay supports:
- Airtable: Clay integrates with Airtable, a flexible and powerful spreadsheet-database hybrid platform, allowing users to manage and organize their lead data efficiently.
- Clearbit: With Clearbit integration, users can enrich their lead data with valuable information such as company size, industry, and location, helping them target the right prospects.
- Google: Clay's integration with Google enables users to access various Google services like Google Sheets, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console, providing valuable insights and data management capabilities.
Clay simplifies prospecting and data gathering tasks by offering a wide range of integrations, such as Airtable, Clearbit, and Google. These integrations, along with Clay's other features, save time and effort, making it an essential tool for sales professionals looking to book more meetings and close deals.